CHRONIC MEDICATION BEFORE ARRIVAL
It is absolutely normal to be nervous before surgery. Whatever the reason, it normally helps to be informed on what to expect!
- Please bring a list of all the medication you are currently using, as well as recent blood or other test results.
- Please inform us of any drugs that prevent your blood from clotting (‘blood thinning drug’). Some of these drugs need to be stopped up to two weeks before surgery.
- Omit diabetic treatment the morning of your surgery to prevent hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). Remember that you will be starved the day of surgery.
- Please take your blood pressure medication as usual the day of surgery to prevent uncontrolled hypertension (high blood pressure).
- Please get to the hospital early to leave you with ample time for the admission process; it can be very time consuming.